The Bayou Boogaloo strives to be a zero-waste event, and we encourage all attendees to come to the festival by means other than a motorized vehicle. Thanks to the city's new bike routes, including the newly opened Lafitte Greenway, you can ride your bicycle all the way to the festival from virtually every corner of the city. (We'll have plenty of bike parking available). If you happen to live near the bayou in Mid-City or Gentilly, then you can even come by canoe, kayak, or other paddle-fiendly vessel. Dock at the Dumaine Street stage or just keep paddling into the heart of the festival at Orleans Avenue. You'll be glad you used non-motorized transportation, and so will our neighbors. We're looking forward to seeing your healthy and happy selves strolling to-and-through the festival.
Public Transit Directions
In keeping with The Bayou Boogaloo’s ongoing efforts to be environmentally friendly, you can do your part by taking public transportation to the festival!
Both Canal Streetcar lines stop on Canal Street at Jeff Davis Parkway, which is just a short stroll to the foot of Bayou St. John at Lafitte Street.
The RTA's bus route connects to every corner of the city. Below are the nearest bus stops and transit lines.
*RTA may detour the 32-Leonides line down Esplanade Ave during the Bayou Boogaloo, which would change the stop to Esplanade at Grand Route St. John.
All RTA schedules can be found at norta.com for people to view or download as PDF timetables, in case anyone wants a schedule not included above.
Driving Directions: If you must come by automobile, please consider car pooling with friends.
From the West:
- Take I-10 East to New Orleans Business District
- Take City Park Ave exit from I-10
- Going left onto City Park Ave, you will follow until intersecting Orleans Ave.
- Take a right onto Orleans Ave.
- Follow Orleans Ave. to Bayou St. John
From the East:
- Take I-10 West to New Orleans
- Exit at Canal St. from I-10
- Take left onto Canal St.
- Follow Canal St. turning right at Jefferson Davis Parkway
- Go three blocks to festival site
From the South
- Take Hwy 90 towards New Orleans
- Cross the Crescent City Connection and continue to Carrollton Ave/Tulane Ave exit
- Take N. Carrollton Ave/Tulane Ave exit
- Turn right onto Carrollton Ave
- Continue to Orleans Ave and take right
- Follow to Bayou St. John
Parking: Legal parking in the surrounding neighborhoods is limited. Tickets can be issued throughout the weekend for failure to observe signage, parking against the flow of traffic, or not keeping the required distances from driveways, corners, and fire hydrants. Please be sure to obey all posted parking signs.